***Note*** This will not work on the latest SXOS and firmware 9.1.0. I will be recording an updated video shortly and will have a link to it here when it’s ready.
This video is a little longer than I usually like to make, but there’s a lot to go through, so please bear with me, or just check the instructions below.
What you’ll need:
- Amiiswap Mod: https://bit.ly/2QWKK8S
- Emuiibo Mod: https://bit.ly/2NrAvav
- Emutool: https://github.com/XorTroll/emuiibo/releases
- Unzip AmiiswapMod.zip to the switch folder on the root of your SD card
- Unzip EmuiiboMod to the root of your SD card
- Unzip Emutool onto your computer
- Use Emutool to create whatever Amiibos you want
- Copy the Amiibo folders to /emuiibo/amiibo/ on the root of your SD card
- Reboot the switch
- Open Amiiswap from the homebrew menu
- Enable emulation and select your amiibo
- Open the game and when it prompts you to scan an Amiibo it should be detected automatically
It worked fine for me on Super Mario Odyssey (except the Wedding Peach Amiibo I made with Emutool was detected as regular Peach), and I’ve seen a video of it working on Breath of the Wild, however I couldn’t get it to work on Smash Brothers Ultimate.
Credit for the original Emuiibo and Emutool goes to XorTroll: github.com/XorTroll/emuiibo
Credit for Amiiswap goes to FuryBaguette: https://github.com/FuryBaguette/AmiiSwap
Credit for modding Amiiswap goes to mrdude: https://gbatemp.net/threads/amiiswap-mod-for-emuiibo-0-3.548465/
I don’t know who modded this version of Emuiibo 0.3 so that it would work on SXOS, but it’s impressive that it works at all, and I blame the glitches on SXOS not allowing sysmodules.